Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Random Thoughts... Building Cathedrals

You are building a beautiful cathedral.

I was walking through a small, humble chapel in Italy the other day. In Tovo San Giacomo. And although this chapel didn't hold the pomp and noble and its walls more than just weathered and worn, it was one of the most beautiful chapels I have ever seen. It was simply a chapel, not a cathedral. And walking through this chapel, I was thinking to myself, "Did they know they were leaving their unknown signature behind? Quietly, silently? Did they know they were making this world all the more beautiful for simply creating something sacred like this? Did they wonder of all the people, generations later, that may one day walk through these doors and say a prayer of their fears and hopes? Bringing in all their stories like an offering to the altar?"

These are the questions I have asked myself in all the chapels and great cathedrals I have ever walked through, as I said a prayer myself.

And then it dawned on me in that moment. Those weren't the questions they were asking themselves all those years and years upon years ago. They were simply answering. They were answering to their passion. And answering to their faith. To their belief and to their inner voice. They were answering to the only thing they knew to do. And they were answering to God.

These days, I believe we too often forget to simply answer, rather we are always questioning. We question what the reward is. We question if the work we do is seen or noticed. We question if we are good enough. We question if we will be loved. We question if we can make ends meet. And I have to admit, I catch myself asking these questions every now and then as well.

But the truth is, we are here to simply live our passions, our faiths, our beliefs, our dreams. And we are here to answer. We are here to silently, beautifully answer.

Last night I came across this video. And it went hand in hand and heart in heart with so many of my thoughts.

All those moments we feel invisible. Unseen. Unnoticed. All those moments we can't see our own worth.

Remember, you are building a beautiful cathedral.


Much Loves,

Angela.

PS. Thank you Nicole Johnson and Fresh Brewed Life, Inc.

My Beautiful Words on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment