Saturday, September 28, 2013

Random Thoughts... Of a Journey...



Looking back at yesterday, I realised how subconsciously, I had chosen words and quotes about the paths we take in life. Our journeys and the choices we make at the crossroads we come to.

It was twenty four years ago that I packed a suitcase and I filled it with dreams, hopes, a few fears, a bit of  naivety, curiosity, a longing and a deep desire. It was twenty four years ago that I found my way to Europe and leaving "home" behind.

I don't think I was aware at that time, that I was choosing a path. I believe I simply responded to a call within, and I let myself be guided. Yes, I responded. As though it was a responsibility to myself. And for me, the personal definition of responsibility is the ability to respond.

And over the past twenty four years, I believe that suitcase I once packed has symbolically accompanied me over the years. Sometimes I lost a few of those "belongings". Sometimes I found them again. There were new "belongings" that came about, and some were replaced. Yes, maybe that is the way we have to embrace all our dreams and hopes, even our fears and our naivety and curiosities, our longings and deep desires. These are all our belongings. They are more our belongings that anything we can only symbolically hold and touch and feel.

I still call "home" just that. Canada will always be home for me. Thankfully and beautifully home. But finding my way to Europe, and here to Germany was also my "homecoming". The years and the stories and the generations and all those ancestors before me, maybe they lead the way.  Maybe they took me by the hand and guided me. And after all these years, as I stand here with a glance back over my shoulder, I can say more and more, yes I have been guided. By an inner voice and an intuition. I have been guided by my "belongings". But most importantly, I believe it is about allowing myself to be guided.

I lead my life, but in that same breath, I allow myself to be guided. I allow that inner voice to speak. And sometimes it only just whispers. And sometimes it roars. And maybe somehow that is where the wonder and the secret lies. Realising that when we allow ourselves to be guided by that inner voice, our intuition and that tender pull of the heart, we actually take the lead.

So here is to all of our journeys. Here is to all those moments we stand at these crossroads and choose to walk the way the heart pulls and that little voice calls. Here is to our courage and our dreams. And here is to trusting all of our "belongings", to trusting ourselves. Here is to leading, and here is to being guided.

Hold your hand out. Your heart knows the way.

Much Loves, and a lot of Gratitude,

Angela.
My Beautiful Words on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment