Wednesday, April 17, 2013

To Love With All My Heart...


"I can still remember what it feels like to love with all my heart"

Elva Azzara 
[June 28, 1908 - December 26, 2010]
 
Photograph: Joyce Tenneson

"While Joyce was photographing for her book in a senior citizen home in Sacramento, California, she happened to notice Elva Azzara. Joyce felt that Elva was fragile like a bird, with beautiful hands. As she photographed, she asked Elva to tell her readers something personal and Elva closed her eyes to think. At that moment, Joyce pushed the shutter release and caught a very special moment.

When Elva opened her eyes she said, 'I can still remember what it feels like to love with all my heart'. This photograph and these words are the last page and words of the book, 'Wise Women'."

[From Joyce Tenneson's book, "Wise Women"]

This book, is one of the most treasured books I have. I find beauty in the photographs. But more so, beautiful in these wise women, in their stories... The unspoken stories.

Much Loves,

Angela

My Beautiful Words on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment