Sunday, March 10, 2013

Wonders are Possible...


"I will show you that wonders are possible."


Aenne Burda

This is a quote that is more than special to me. Not just for the message within those words, or the inspiration of the story they tell.

But because, it is also the title of the book that my dearest friend, Ute, wrote - the biography and tribute to Aenne Burda.

The book, "Aenne Burda - Wunder sind machbar" (Aenne Burda - Wonders are Possible) is currently only available in German and in Russian. I would however, love to see this book brought out in English as well. And if you agree, let me know. Maybe we'll make it happen one day.

It tells the life and story of a woman, that took the shattered pieces of a marriage and of a business and built an empire. And she built it with passion and with belief in herself and wanting to make a difference. She had never published a magazine. She had never sewn a dress. Until the day came that she said she can do this. And she was in her forties when that day first came.

She brought fashion and self worth back to women, particularily at a time that it was needed most.

I remember as a child, even growing up in Canada, what a role that Aenne unknowingly played in my life. I would spend hours in a store, flipping through pattern books and dreaming one day that I could wear the beautiful dresses I saw, or put something as beautiful into the world as she was doing. If I knew then, what importance or inspiration Aenne would play in my life as a grown woman myself...

So yes, please always remember... Aenne Burda's words.

"I will show you that wonders are possible."

Because you, just in being who you are, are a wonder too.

Much Loves,

Angela.


My Beautiful Words on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment