Friday, May 17, 2013

When We See Each Other...


"I think that when we really see each other, 
we want to help each other."

Amanda Palmer.

How are you going to see the world today? And how are you going to do to help today?

I think what I find is the most important message in these words is to actually "see" someone. And be that your dearest friend. Or be that a stranger you pass by on the street. To look someone in the eyes, you acknowledge them. And you silently say to them, "I see you.".

That is possibly the greatest form of respect we can give. And not just respect to the other, rather acknowledging what is around us and bowing to that, is the greatest respect we can give ourselves.

And yes, when we really see each other, we do want to help each other. Because, looking in the eyes of those around us, we often see ourselves. And that's also when find ourselves.

Much Loves,

Angela.

PS. Amanda did an amazing speech. With these words. And with the thought "The Art of Asking."

To this date, the video has been watched 2,220,072 times. I reckon I've watched myself more than a hundred times. And it never stops moving me.



No comments:

Post a Comment