Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Where Attention Goes...


Where your attention goes, energy flows...

"I was once asked why I do not participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that. But as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I will be there."

Mother Teresa

There is power in these words, and wisdom in these words.

Too often, we focus on what it is that we don't want...

We forget that we are taking the focus off of what we do want.

I once heard someone explain it as such... If you are paddling down a stream and you see a boulder that you don't want to steer into, too often, you are looking at that boulder... And you head straight to it. Full force. And then we sit there, dazed and daunted, wondering why...

But rather, we have to look at the clearance, the path we want to take. And that's how we steer the boat.

If we can change our perspective, our attention and devotion, not just in the big ways as Mother Teresa described above... But even in those small little moments of our everyday lives. It will make a difference. It will make a change.

You will steer the boot. Gracefully. And effortlessly.

Where your attention goes, energy flows.

Just my little thought of the day...

Much Loves,

Angela.

My Beautiful Words on Facebook.
My Beautiful Words on Pinterest.
Encouraging Courage. Encouraging You.

No comments:

Post a Comment