Friday, August 30, 2013

I Am Alive...


"I ask you right here please to agree with me, that a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I, we must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means that I am alive. And that I have survived."       

Chris Cleave

I cannot even begin to tell you how this touched me as I read these words. Yes, I wear scars on my knees, as I wear them on my heart. But I have come to learn to embrace my scars as my beauty marks. Both inside and out.

And I have come to learn to wear them as the words written on the pages of my storybook called life. And I have come to learn to wear them like the jewels on a crown I call gracious and brave and strong and vulnerable and noble.

And yes, each of these scars... My scars and your scars. They mean we are alive.

Much Loves,

Angela.
My Beautiful Words on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment